Here are some links to information sheets to help you understand more about IBD, and how it can be treated.
For general IBD information, please refer to these information sheets courtesy of the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- The Digestive System explained
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Crohn’s and Colitis
- Dietary advice for Chronic Gastroentestinal Diseases
- Bowel Preparation
- Gastroscopy (or upper endoscopy)
- and many more…
The following medication links are courtesy of National Prescribing Service (NPS) & Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). These are only some of the medications.
- Mesasal / Pentasa / Salofalk (mesalazine)
- Salazopyrin / Pyralin (sulfasalazine)
- Panafcortelone / Predsol (prednisolone)
- Entocort (budesonide)
- Imuran / Thioprine (azathioprine)
- Puri-Nethol (mercaptopurine)
- Humira (adalimumab)
- REMICADE (infliximab)
Should you not be able to find your medication here, check on either the following websites for more information. Medications sometimes have several names.